World Alzheimer’s Month 2021 #WAM2021, also known in some countries as Dementia Awareness Month #DAM or Dementia Action Week #DAW is almost here!
Lets’s all work together to make a difference.
#Collaborate #Cooperate #WorkingTogether
This year DAI has planned a series of webinars specifically focused on rehabilitation for dementia. We have done this, as people with dementia have been campaigning for the full suite of rehabilitative interventions for decades, and at last, we appear to be seeing small actions towards actually achieving this.
Last year, Professor Lee-Fay Low and A/Professor Kate Laver edited a book on Rehabilitaiton for Dementia. This year, the World Health Organisation has been working on their own Rehabilitation for Dementia Guidelines, so there is hope it will eventually make it into mainstream clinical and care practice.
Rehabilitation and Dementia #DAI Webinar Series 2021
- Webinar 1: Rehabilitation to maintain physical function, presented by A/Prof Michele Callisaya and Dr Morag Taylor
- Webinar 2: Living life to the full: rehabilitation of daily activities and leisure for people with dementia, presented by Associate Professor Kate Laver and Doctor Claire O’Connor
- Webinar 3: Cognition-oriented treatments for people with dementia, presented by Dr Alex Bahar-Fuchs and Dr Loren Mowszowski
- Webinar 4 Panel Session: The Importance of Rehabilitation for all People with Dementia, with panellists includng Professor Lee-Fay Low, PhD, Emily Ong, Lynette Rogers and Kate Swaffer
Rehabilitation for all people with dementia is a basic human right, and in this series, DAI aims to highlight why.
Reminder to register for the two webinars this coming week too, both very important sessions exploring new ways of managing dementia.
- How to make Alzheimer’s a rare Disease!, by Professor Dale Bredesen, M.D.
- Updates In Precision Medicine and Protocols for MCI & Dementia, by Dr Nate Bergman DO, MBA
The post World Alzheimers Month DAI Webinar Series appeared first on Dementia Alliance International.
Title: World Alzheimers Month DAI Webinar Series
Sourced From: www.dementiaallianceinternational.org/world-alzheimers-month-dai-webinar-series/
Published Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 02:13:44 +0000
Did you miss our previous article...